IMPORTANT: Update your personal info for tax purposes

Jump to Menu

IMPORTANT: Update your personal info for tax purposes

Your 1098-T (the tuition payment statement for education tax credits) will soon be available for the 2012 year. UW-Whitewater needs accurate information so you receive the form and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) receives the correct information.

You can check your personal information by logging on to your Student Center page though WINS.

1. Is your home address up to date? If not, please contact the Registrar’s Office 262-472-1570 or .

2. If your Social Security Number (SSN) or the Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) on your student account is either missing or invalid, you will not receive a 1098-T.

Please follow the link to the proper form on the Registrar’s website: . Follow the instructions on the form, sign it and forward it to the Registrar’s Office along with the proper documentation. You may also bring it in to the Registrar’s Office or mail it to:

UW-Whitewater Registrar's Office
800 West Main Street
Roseman Bldg Room 2032
Whitewater, WI 53190

If you do not have a copy of your Social Security card or prefer to use the IRS form, you can locate it at the following link: You can then return it to the Registrar’s Office at the address listed above.


UW-W Registrar
Registrar's Office

Jump to Top