April IACUC Full Committee Submission Deadline
April 2014 submission deadline for Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater recognizes the scientific and ethical responsibility for the humane care and use of animals involved in research and education and enjoins all individuals involved to the highest standards of care and consideration.
The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC), as agent for the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater's obligations for humane care and use of animals, shall:
• Assure all activities (involving animals) meet the ethical and legal requirements for the humane care and use of animals.
• Maintain and promote an open and cooperative relationship with investigators and faculty, and the greater university community.
• Educate the University community concerning the ethical and regulatory considerations for the humane care of animals.
• Consider animal research a moral and ethical obligation to educate our community, both internal and external, on the importance of animals for research and teaching.
Campus policies, procedures and forms can be accessed from the IACUC Policies and Procedures on the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs' Compliance Web.
Research projects that involve use of animals will require review by the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater IACUC to determine if faculty/staff have employed adequate measures of protection and adherence to federal and University policies.
ONLY protocols requiring full committee review (MORE THAN MINIMAL RISK) must be submitted in accord with posted deadline below. Protocols which qualify for review as expedited (minimal risk) may be submitted at any time.
• Submit protocols by April 7, 2014 for review at the April 17, 2014, full committee meeting.
All protocols must be submitted to the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs. Additional questions regarding research with animals and/or the IACUC should be directed to:
Denise Ehlen, IACUC Administrator
Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
2243 Andersen Library