April online leave reports
Faculty and Academic Staff employees who earn leave may now enter leave reports for April, 2019. Please submit all online entries by Friday, May 3, 2019.
Supervisors please approve submissions by Friday, May 10, and check back frequently for new submissions requiring approval. Leave reports are still considered “missing,” until they have been approved by the supervisor.
Tips and Reminders:
- If entering “No Leave Taken,” enter the first day of the calendar month for both the START and END dates of the entry; i.e. 04/01/2019 to 04/01/2019 for the month of April.
- Absences should be entered using the date of the absence. Date ranges should not be used, unless entered carefully and for the workweek only. Do not cross over weekends, months, or legal holidays.
- Legal Holidays are auto-loaded, so you do not need to submit an absence for these.
- All Faculty/Academic Staff/Limited employees who earn sick leave are required to submit monthly leave reports, even if no leave is used.
- REVIEW your leave balances.
To enter an absence, please use Steps # 16–27 of the instructions (see link above). Full-time employees report absences in four-hour increments, based on the notes below. Part-time employees report the actual number of hours absent from work, in quarter-hour increments.
- Absent less than 2 hours = Report 0 hours leave used
- Absent 2-6 hours = Report 4 hours leave used
- Absent more than 6 hours = Report 8 hours leave used
If you have questions regarding this information, please contact Human Resources.