Infectious disease management
With the global demand for cleaning and sanitation products – and uncertainty regarding the supply chain inventory and delivery – the university is taking proactive steps to clean all classrooms and labs and then locking them, so they will be ready once in-person instruction and events resume.
Doors will have signs indicating the rooms have been sanitized and locked. If access to a room is required, please call 262-903-6367 and we will make arrangements to open one of the three classrooms in Hyer Hall that will be made available. This change allows us to preserve limited resources and allows our custodial staff to focus on areas that need deeper and more frequent cleaning.
Lysol disinfecting spray has been distributed throughout campus buildings. It is for hard, non-porous surfaces. Please read the instructions on the can for manufacturer’s intended use and safety precautions.
- Hold can upright and spray 6-8 inches from surface until wet.
- Surfaces must stay wet for 10 minutes, then allowed to air dry.
- Routinely clean frequently touched surfaces such as doorknobs, light switches, desk and counter tops.
- Avoid directly spraying computer monitors, keyboards and other electronic devices.
- Spray the product directly on a towel and wipe electronic devices.
- It is best to spray an entire room at a time to prevent cross contamination.
- We recommend that you clear the room of people during this process as they may be sensitive to the smell of Lysol and the vapors.
Pre-wet wipes are not currently available. The global supply chain of disinfecting spray, wipes and hand sanitizer is strained and delivery requests are uncertain. Please make requests for additional products through Stores at http://www.uww.edu/adminaffairs/fpm/forms/salesorders. We will fulfill requests if and when inventory becomes available.