JULY LEAVE REPORTS:
Faculty and Academic Staff employees, who earn leave, may enter leave reports for July 2020. Please submit online absence entries by Wednesday, August 5, 2020. Supervisors, please approve absence requests as soon as possible; no later than Friday, August 14, 2020. Submitted leave reports are still considered “missing” until they have been approved by the supervisor. A furlough entry on a timesheet does not meet the requirement of submitting a monthly leave report.
Intermittent furlough time taken in July/August must be entered on the timesheets using the FURLM code, and approved by August 14, in order to be included in the August payroll process. Pay date is 9/1/2020. The current biweekly timesheet is for the August A pay period (7/19/20 – 8/1/2020). The timesheet will be locked to employees on Monday night, August 3. Furlough taken during this two-week period needs to be entered by August 3 and approved by August 14, in order to be included in the August monthly payroll process. Please follow these instructions:
More Tips and Reminders:
- ALL employees – if entering “No Leave Taken,” enter the first day of the calendar month for both the START and END dates of the entry; i.e. 07/01/2020 to 07/01/2020 for the month of July.
- Absences should be entered using the actual date of the absence. Date ranges should not be used, unless entered carefully and for the workweek only. Do not cross over weekends, months, or legal holidays.
- All Faculty/Academic Staff/Limited employees who earn sick leave are required to submit monthly leave reports, even if no leave is used.
- REVIEW your leave balances.
To enter an absence, please use the instructions in the following link. Full-time employees report absences in four-hour increments, based on the notes below. Part-time employees report the actual number of hours absent from work, in quarter-hour increments (15 minutes).
- Absent less than 2 hours = Report 0 hours leave used
- Absent 2-6 hours = Report 4 hours leave used
- Absent more than 6 hours = Report 8 hours leave used
SUMMER LEAVE REPORTS:
Nine-month, academic-year employees, who receive pay during the summer for teaching or other service work, must complete an online summer leave report. Instructions: Summer Leave Report.
If you have questions regarding this information, please contact Payrollsupport@uww.edu.