Video link to Sept. 10 University Town Hall
On Sept. 10, Interim Chancellor Cook and campus leadership held a live university town hall via Webex Events to discuss the change in leadership and COVI-19 updates.
If you were unable to join during the live event, you are strongly encouraged to watch the video of the town hall, which covered a wide variety of important topics including leadership updates, the COVID-19 Hotline and winter sports updates, to name a few.
Our panelists included:
- Tommy Thompson, President of UW System
- Greg Cook, Interim Chancellor
- John Chenoweth, Interim Provost
- Grace Crickette, Vice Chancellor for Administrative Affairs
- Artanya Wesley, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
- Greg Rutzen, Vice Chancellor for University Advancement
- Ryan Callahan, Interim Director of Athletics
- Kenny Yarbrough, Chief Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Officer
- Sara Kuhl, Assistant Vice Chancellor of University Marketing and Communications
- Lynsey Schwabrow, Chief of Institutional Research and Planning
- Kari Heidenreich, Chief of Staff
- Matthew Kiederlen, Chief of Police
Many questions from faculty, staff and students were also addressed during the presentation.
Here is the video link to the University Town Hall:
For easy reference, here are the time stamps so that you can quickly navigate to topics of interest to you.
8:52—Chancellor Transition Update
18:17—What should I do if I came in contact with someone who might have COVID-19?
20:19—What can campus do to stop off-campus parties?
22:36—What is the university going to do about COVID-19 cases increasing among students?
25:17—Where are the UW-Whitewater COVID-19 Dashboard numbers coming from?
27:02—What type of complaints are Chancellors put on paid leave for?
29:20—Has surveillance testing for students in the residence halls started yet?
31:08—Why are we encouraging students to go home if they feel ill?
34:12—What would make the university shut down before Thanksgiving break?
36:12—Are there any updates pertaining to winter sports?
37:11—What are the consequences for Greek organizations that throw parties?
38:32—Do the dashboard numbers include repeat tests?
39:28—Why is there “N/A” for the “Time to complete contract tracing” metric on the dashboard?
40:36—Have all the HVAC systems been updated?
42:37—How is the school enforcing mask-wearing?
45:10—Can faculty/staff get tested at the university?
47:59—Should the university be responsible for testing faculty/staff?
49:55—Why are the ordinances proposed to the City of Whitewater not more strict?
52:37—How do I notify campus if I have a health concern and cannot wear a mask all day?