Video link to “A Discussion on Race and Racism from the Hispanic/Latinx Lens"
Dear campus community,
I invite and encourage you to watch the recorded Webex Event “A Discussion on Race and Racism from the Hispanic/Latinx Lens.”
This powerful and insightful program, which aired live on Tuesday, Sept. 15, includes the voices and lived experiences from faculty and staff on our campus and other institutions. We reflect upon race and racism and we search for ways to move the conversation and our society forward. I’d like to thank our participants for their honesty, bravery, and heartfelt comments at a time when we are all learning and looking for constructive ways to live in a fragmented society.
Our panelists included:
- Miguel Aranda, Financial Specialist Senior at UW-Whitewater
- Jes Cisneros, Coordinator of Academic Initiatives at UW-Whitewater
- Edgar Diaz-Cruz, Associate Professor in Pharmaceutical, Social and Administrative Sciences at Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee
- Courtney Luedke, Associate Professor of Curriculum and Instruction at UW-Whitewater
- Ozalle Toms, Assistance Vice Chancellor of Student Diversity, Engagement and Success at UW-Whitewater
- Isabella Virrueta, Career Advisor at UW-Whitewater
Many questions from students, faculty and staff were also addressed during the presentation.
Here is the video link:
I hope you will take the time to watch, and that you will join us for Part One of the COVID Experience: Students Speak on Tuesday, Sept. 22 at 5:15 p.m. More information can be found on the Diversity Forum webpage.
Warm Warhawk Regards,
Kenny E. Yarbrough
Chief Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Officer