Additional information on academic year calendar and operations
After Nov. 20, all UW-Whitewater courses will be delivered remotely through the end of the fall semester.
The remainder of the Fall semester through Dec. 18
- There will be no more face-to-face class sessions after Nov. 20. All courses will be offered remotely.
- Residence halls will remain open. Students are not required to leave their halls during the Thanksgiving break.
- Students who do leave for the holiday break can return to residence halls for the remainder of the semester.
- Dining services will be offered on a limited basis.
- The library will be open.
- Some limited recreation will be available.
- For additional information about hours of operation, please use the Warhawks Return website.
- Virtual commencement will take place at 1 p.m. on Dec. 19. More information will be forthcoming.
Spring semester Jan. 19 through May 14
- Classes at both campuses will resume on Tuesday, Jan. 19.
- The methods of course delivery have been established and are available in WINS. Remember, courses are offered in four formats: face-to-face, hybrid, remote and online.
- Residence halls will be open Spring semester.
- Dining services will be open Spring semester.
- Recreational activities will be offered Spring semester.
Additional information regarding Spring semester will be sent out to students by Academic Affairs later today.
The current plan for Spring semester is that we will offer on-campus classes and experiences for the full semester. Spring Break has been moved to April 19-23, after which we plan to return to campus for about three weeks to complete classes, final exams and commencement. If conditions require, we may move to remote instruction after April 23. That decision will be made early enough during the spring semester for faculty, staff, students and their families to plan accordingly.
The attached chart provides a quick reference for the rest of the academic year. Students with additional questions can reach out to their academic advisor. Faculty and staff who have questions should ask their department chair, dean or supervisor.