Video link to March 11 Chancellor Chat
On March 11, Chancellor Watson and campus leadership held a live Chancellor Chat via Webex Events to discuss your thoughts and concerns about the academic semester.
If you were unable to join during the live event, you are strongly encouraged to watch the video of the Chancellor Chat.
Our panelists included:
- Dwight Watson, Chancellor
- Greg Cook, Interim Provost
- Taryn Carothers, Interim Vice Chancellor for Administrative Affairs
- Artanya Wesley, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
- Greg Rutzen, Vice Chancellor for University Advancement
- Ryan Callahan, Interim Athletic Director
- Elena Pokot, Assistant Vice Chancellor of iCIT
- Julie Martindale, Director of Health Services
Many questions from faculty, staff and students were also addressed during the presentation.
Here is the video link to the Chancellor Chat:
For easy reference, here are the time stamps so that you can quickly navigate to topics of interest to you.
6:56—Updates on Cyber Security from Elena Pokot
30:20—Updates on Safety from Artanya Wesley and Julie Martindale
38:22—Updates on Athletics from Ryan Callahan
41:55—Updates on Academics from Greg Cook
44:04—Why do we not reject funding inequality?
45:53—Where does the Joint Finance Committee meet on campus?
46:39—How is the university handling the Will Schultz situation?
47:43—Thank you to Julie Martindale and her team
48:04—How long will testing be required on campus?
48:50—Is the vaccine only good for 9 months?
49:38—Will there be requirements for vaccinations?
49:56—Any updates on commencement?
51:58—Is there a way to change certain budget aspects in regards to cyber security?
53:29—Will there still be remote work options once we are back to our new normal?
54:55—If someone is fully vaccinated, will they still be required to get tested?