March online leave reports
Faculty and Academic Staff employees that earn leave, including those on sabbatical, may enter leave reports for March, 2021. Please submit online absence entries by Friday, April 2, 2021. Supervisors, please approve absence requests by Friday, April 9, 2021. Submitted leave reports are still considered missing until they have been approved by the supervisor. Employees with missing leave reports at the end of the fiscal year will have their sick leave earnings for that year reduced to the cap established by Wis. Stat. § 40.05(4)(bp)1.
Every Faculty, Academic Staff and Limited appointee in a leave-eligible position is required to submit a leave report on a monthly basis, whether or not leave is used. Any employee who fails to file a report on leave usage as required by UW System Administrative Policy 1212, in one or more months of any fiscal year, shall not be permitted to accrue sick leave for that year in an amount exceeding 8.5 days for annual employees and 6.4 days for academic year employees.
Furlough entries do not meet the requirement to submit a monthly leave report. If you have no absences, please submit a "No Leave Taken" report.
More Tips and Reminders
- ALL employees – if entering “No Leave Taken,” enter the first day of the calendar month for both the START and END dates of the entry; i.e. 03/01/2021 to 03/01/2021 for the month of March.
- Absences should be entered using the actual date of the absence.
- Date ranges should not be used, unless entered carefully and for the workweek only. Do not cross over weekends, months or legal holidays.
- REVIEW your leave balances.
To enter an absence, please use the instructions in the link below. Full-time employees report absences in four-hour increments, as indicated here. Part-time employees report the actual number of hours absent from work, in quarter-hour increments (15 minutes).
- Absent less than 2 hours = Report 0 hours leave used
- Absent 2-6 hours = Report 4 hours leave used
- Absent more than 6 hours = Report 8 hours leave used
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Payroll Support