Updated COVID-19 guidelines in effect at UW-Whitewater June 1
Starting June 1, 2021, the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater will relax face covering and physical distancing requirements on both its Whitewater and Rock County campuses for people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The updates to campus health and safety guidelines reflect recent COVID-19 guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Wisconsin Department of Health Services and local public health agencies.
All students, faculty and staff are encouraged to get vaccinated if they are able. People who are not fully vaccinated will be required to continue to be tested and follow masking and physical distancing requirements. When you do become fully vaccinated, submit your COVID-19 vaccination record.
The following are the COVID-19 guidelines at UW-Whitewater effective June 1.
- You are no longer required to wear a face covering indoors or outdoors but may continue to do so if you prefer.
- You do not need to use the COVID-19 Daily Screener unless you become symptomatic.
- You do not need to continue testing unless symptoms emerge.
- Wear a mask indoors.
- Wear a mask outdoors when physical distancing is not possible.
- Continue to get tested for COVID-19: once a week for students in campus housing and every other week for all other students, staff and faculty.
- Continue to use the COVID-19 Daily Screener if you are coming on campus.
All students, faculty and staff, regardless of vaccination status
- Do not come to campus if you are ill.
- Get tested if you experience COVID-19 symptoms, even if you have been vaccinated.
- Notify the COVID Hotline at 262-472-1362 if you test positive for COVID-19 or are a close contact of an individual positive for COVID-19.
- Follow your medical provider and public health department instructions on isolation or quarantine protocols.
Camps, Conferences, and Bridge Programs will need to abide by UW System policies and expectations related to Youth Protection as communicated earlier this year.For more information, visit Warhawks Return.