October third-party application updates
ICIT will be issuing a monthly patch for third-party applications for most university-owned devices starting October 21 at 7 a.m. Please see more information on what is included in the patch (updates to Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox) and details about the process.
- macOS devices will receive a pushed update that will run silently in the background starting October 21 at 7 a.m.
- Please see this article for more information on how Mac devices are impacted, particularly if you are working remotely.
- PC/Windows users can install the update starting October 21 using the self-service option. This option allows users to decide the day and time they want to install the update prior to the pushed update on October 28.
- Before running the update you will need to close affected applications (Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox).
- If your PC/Windows computer has not been updated by October 28, ICIT will push an update, which can be deferred once for 24 hours.
- For more information, please review the step-by-step instructions detailing the process for remote workers and devices on the campus network.
Lab and classroom computers will have an automatic installation starting Thursday, October 21 at 11 p.m.
If you require assistance, please feel free to contact the Help Desk. Outside of Help Desk hours, we invite you to search our Knowledge Base for helpful articles on using and troubleshooting campus technology.