Build skills with the Learning Technology Center (LTC)
Happy New Year! Start 2023 strong by participating in Learning Technology Center (LTC) virtual and hybrid workshops* designed to save you time and contribute to a positive student learning experience.
- Join your colleagues for “Course Prep Boot Camp,” guided work sessions dedicated to developing Canvas courses for Spring. Organized topically, attend one or all sessions held during the first two weeks of January.
- Dive into the essentials of Google Drive and Apps for collaboration and file-sharing at 9 a.m. on January 6.
- New to Whitewater? Attend our comprehensive orientation to campus technology focused on what instructors need to know at 3 p.m. on January 18.
- At 1 p.m. on January 20, learn how students can use Citrix Virtual Apps to access dozens of software packages from anywhere on any device with an internet connection!
- Cut down on email and structure student collaborations using the Webex App at 9 a.m. on January 24.
- Starting in February, join us in exploring the EDUCAUSE Top 10 IT Issues 2023: Foundation Models and crafting strategic priorities related to technology and UW-Whitewater’s future.
In addition to our synchronous sessions, we're accepting applications for our online, self-paced Online and Blended Teaching Institute (OBTI). OBTI aligns quality Canvas course design with best practices for teaching in various online modalities. Upon completion of OBTI, faculty and instructors will be well-prepared to design and develop their courses, equipped with tips to continue the iterative process.
*Request an individual or department consultation if a session or time does not fit your needs, or see our calendar of events. Alternatively, visit our On-Demand Resource Library for video recordings on Canvas, Classroom Technology, Google Workspace, Kaltura, media management, and more!
About the Learning Technology Center (LTC):
The LTC supports UW-Whitewater employees' use of technology to enhance instructional delivery, student learning, and operational excellence. We encourage you to engage the LTC to help you or your department identify technology needs and develop strategies to address them. Learn more about the LTC at https://www.uww.edu/icit/ltc and subscribe to our blog for updates, information about our workshops, and other announcements.
General technology support:The Help Desk can answer your questions and fulfill requests for technical assistance. Outside Help Desk hours, we invite you to search self-service for helpful articles on using and troubleshooting campus technology.