Upcoming renovation and maintenance projects
Dear University Community,
Starting this spring, buildings across the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater will be undergoing important maintenance and renovations.
More than 10 state projects totaling more than $6 million are planned — from general building repairs to upgrades that will enhance the experience on campus. Projects are made possible by funding through the state of Wisconsin as distributed by the University of Wisconsin System that is specifically earmarked for maintenance and repairs; program revenue bonding, which are bonds paid through revenues generated from auxiliary operations; or campus funds. There will also be in-house improvements made by our Facilities Planning and Management trades staff for the improvement and maintenance of campus facilities, including Ambrose Hall restrooms and Hyland Hall department updates.
Explore interactive map of projects >>
The state projects include:
- Roof replacements for Fischer Hall, Goodhue Hall, University Center and Moraine Bookstore
- Andersen Hall — sanitary line replacement
- Goodhue Hall — 3rd floor remodel
- Heating Plant — controller replacement
- Hyland Hall — masonry repairs and pest prevention
- Schwager Drive — street reconstruction
- Upham Hall — loading dock and greenhouse repairs, and west stairwell replacement
- Wells — tutorial center window addition
- Williams Center — pedestrian ramp resurface and HVAC controller replacement
- Winther Hall — 5th floor flooring replacement
- Schwager Drive (between Warhawk Drive and Koshkonong Drive) will be closed to all vehicular and pedestrian traffic starting May 29 for the entire summer. Lot 22 will also be closed for campus use to allow the contractor to store equipment and materials. As part of the construction, the pond south of the Van Steenderen Softball Complex will be rebuilt so that area should be avoided as well. Access to Lot 24 and the athletic fields north of Schwager Drive will be allowed using the east pedestrian crossing at the intersection of Warhawk Drive and Schwager Drive. All other access points are prohibited. To access the recreational fields south of Schwager Drive, please use the sidewalks south of the Williams Center. Access to Disc Golf will be on the south side of the course at the intersection of Koshkonong Drive and Schwager Drive. Other access points will be closed for the summer.
- The west pedestrian ramp for the Williams Center which serves the 2nd floor lobby will close starting June 12 for concrete repairs. Use of building entrance 22 on the north side of the Williams Center will be prohibited until the repairs are completed. Please use another entrance during this timeframe.
- The west entrance to Upham Hall will be closed. Please use the east entrances.
Please refer to the interactive map throughout the summer for updates on construction schedules. Thank you for your understanding and assistance during these projects!