Faculty and staff reminders for spring student registration
Student retention continues to be a high priority in our university’s commitment to student success. It takes a collaborative approach to achieve this endeavor.
Thus, as our students begin registration for classes for the spring 2024 semester starting November 6, here are some reminders about how we can help them navigate spring registration:
- Encourage students to contact their advisors to determine registration date and discuss class options for the upcoming semester. Here are the instructions for students to identify their assigned advisors in WINS/Navigate.
- Encourage students to check their holds, which will restrict their ability to register. Students should log into WINS and select Holds. Here are step-by-step instructions to view holds.
- Remind students to make sure their “Terms and Conditions for Enrollment/Credit Agreement” is up to date before they register. Instructions were outlined in a recent communication from Student Accounts.
- Refer students to our advising Frequently Asked Questions.
- Use a customer service based approach with our students. Make sure they can get their questions and concerns addressed by one of our experts on campus. Don’t be afraid to pause your work to carry this out — student success is our priority.
The days between now and the holiday season are limited. We must use this time to show them how much we truly want them back. As we continue to navigate the challenging landscape of higher education, healthy enrollment and retention is our best path to financial stability.
Thank you for your hard work and dedication. We have an incredible team here at UW-Whitewater. Please continue to show our students you care — about them, their well-being, their unique hopes and dreams, and their success.
Corey A. King, Chancellor
John Chenoweth, Provost