2013-2014 Fulbright Scholar Programs
The Fulbright Scholar Program 2013-2014 award catalog is now available. Faculty and staff may submit proposals for lecturing and research awards in 125 countries. Please review the long description for additional information including the application process, deadlines, and implications for continuation of benefits.
Award and application information for all 2013-2014 Fulbright programs is now available online at http://www.cies.org/us_scholars/. Traditional Fulbright awards support research and lecturing lasting from two months to an academic year or longer. While foreign language skills are needed in some countries, most Fulbright lecturing assignments are in English and approximately 80 percent of the awards support lecturing.
The 2013-2014 application deadlines are:
* 15 June 2012: Fulbright Nexus Regional Scholar Program
* 1 August 2012: Fulbright Lecturing, Lecturing/Research, and Research Awards; Fulbright Distinguished Chairs Program; and India International Education Administrators Program
* 15 October 2012: Fulbright German Studies Seminars
* 1 November 2012: Japan International Education Administrators Program and Korea International Education Administrators Program
* 1 February 2013: Germany International Education Administrators Program and France International Education Administrators Program
**IMPORTANT APPLICATION AND BENEFIT INFORMATION**
Faculty who choose to apply for a Fulbright award should apply concurrently for a University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Faculty Sabbatical in order to avoid any interruption of university benefits. Applicants who do not apply for and receive a Faculty Sabbatical will then incur personal expenses to sustain benefits during their Fulbright term. Faculty and staff are encouraged to meet with their payroll and benefits specialist in the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Human Resources Office prior to submitting a Fulbright application.
Applicants are encouraged to work with the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs to submit a Fulbright proposal. All applicants must, at a minimum, provide that office with a copy of the proposal. Contact Denise Ehlen, Director of Research and Sponsored Programs, 2243 Andersen Library, email@example.com, 262-472-5212, if you have questions or require additional information.