Posting Syllabi - Faculty Senate Resolution 945-12 and Academic Staff Assembly ASAR 1516.8
To: UW-Whitewater Faculty, Deans, and Department Chairs
- Susan Elrod, Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
- James Hartwick, Chair, Faculty Senate
- Patricia Fragola, Chair, Academic Staff Assembly
Subject: Posting Syllabi - Faculty Senate Resolution 945-12 and Academic Staff Assembly ASAR 1516.8
Date: January 5, 2017
In accordance with the UW-Whitewater Faculty Senate (Resolution 945-12) and Academic Staff Assembly (ASAR 1516.8), instructors of every course are required to submit an updated syllabus every semester. Syllabi need to be uploaded as PDF files using the Online Syllabus Database or submitted directly to Andersen Library in paper form. PDF (Portable Document Format) files are the only format supported by the Online Syllabus Database.
Instructors may choose one of the following options when submitting a syllabus and making it available:
1) digitally, but limited to users with UW-Whitewater Net-ID (the default option);
2) digitally to the public-at-large (choose “make this syllabus public” option); or
3) in the library, and limited to users with UW-Whitewater Net-ID (choose “paper copy only” option).
As such, syllabi will be accessible only to users with a UW-Whitewater Net-ID, unless explicitly marked "public" by the instructor. However, please be aware that any and all syllabi may be released in response to a public records request.
For all three options above, go to http://courses.uww.edu/Syllabi/Manage to upload digital syllabi or to indicate that you will submit a syllabus to the library.
Questions regarding syllabus uploading and website issues can be directed to the Help Desk by emailing email@example.com or calling EXT. 4357.
Questions or issues regarding the “paper copy only” option can be directed to the Andersen Library Circulation Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling EXT. 5511.