University Staff end-of-year leave balances and usage
Below is information for University Staff employees regarding leave balances and usage for 2017. Please refer to your Earnings Statement with the Payment Date: 12/07/2017.
1. Hours labeled “Vacation –Carryover” must be used by 12/31/17, or you will lose them. Employees eligible to bank/cash-out Vacation have been contacted individually.
2. Hours labeled “Vacation,” if not used by 12/31/17, will automatically roll over to 2018, and must then be used by 12/31/18.
3. Legal Holiday – 8 hours are needed for Christmas day 12/25/17 (pro-rated for part-time employees). If your balance is more than 8 hours (or pro-rated amount), you will need to use those hours as “floaters” by 12/31/17, or you will lose them. LH does not carry over. To use these hours, submit an absence request with the “Absence Name” of “Legal Holiday.”
4. Personal Holiday – All PH hours must be used by 12/31/17, or they will be lost. PH does not carry over.
5. Comp Time - balances of Comp Time earned in 2017 will roll over to 2018. If not used by 4/30/18, it will be paid out.
If you have any questions, please contact Payroll