June Online Leave Reports
Twelve-month, annual employees, if you have not already done so, please enter your leave reports for June 2018. Please submit online entries by Wednesday, July 11, 2018.
Supervisors, please approve submissions by Friday, July 13, and check back frequently for more submissions requiring approval. Leave reports are still considered “missing,” until they have been approved by the supervisor.
Tips and Reminders:
• If entering “No Leave Taken,” enter the first day of the calendar month for both the START and END dates of your entry; i.e. 06/01/2018 for June.
• Absences should be entered using the date of the absence; do not use date ranges.
• All Faculty/Academic Staff/Limited employees who earn sick leave are required to submit monthly leave reports, even if no leave is used.
• REVIEW your leave balances (online or on your earnings statements). Vacation allocated for 2017-18 will roll over to the next fiscal year. Vacation carryover from 2016-17 must be used by June 30, 2018, or it will be lost. Personal Holiday and Floating Legal Holiday hours do not carry over, and must be used by June 30, 2018.
• The (ALRA) vacation leave-banking conversion process occurs in mid-July. Eligible employees, with more than 10 years of service, will be contacted at that time.
• It is VERY important that ALL of your leave reports for the 2017-2018 fiscal year are submitted. In August, employees who are missing one or more reports will have their sick leave earnings reduced by up to 28.0 hours.
• Follow the path below to check whether or not you are missing any reports.
Main Menu > Self Service > Time Reporting > View Time > Absence Request History
The link to the online instructions is: Online Instructions
To enter an absence, please use Steps # 16–27 of the instructions (see link above). Full-time employees report absences in four-hour increments, based on the notes below. Part-time employees report the actual number of hours absent from work, in quarter-hour increments.
Absent less than 2 hours = Report 0 hours leave used
Absent 2-6 hours = Report 4 hours leave used
Absent more than 6 hours = Report 8 hours leave used
If you have questions about any of this information, please contact Human Resources.