Dear UW-Whitewater Campus Community,
We understand many employees and student employees are trying to determine how to work from home right now. Please know ICIT is here to help.
In addition to the resources listed on the website https://www.uww.edu/icit/remote#WORKING
Please follow these guidelines:
- Most applications are browser based and will run from a home computer with an internet connection.
- If you do not have a home computer, please discuss this with your supervisor and we will work with them on a solution.
- If you need to make or receive calls from your work number or access voicemail, download Jabber to your home computer (instructions are available in the link above).
- Please do not forward your desk phone to your cellular or home phone, because forwarding doubles the call volume and may saturate our ATT lines. Use Jabber instead.
Supervisors, please contact the Help Desk, 262-472-HELP (4357) or firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions on specific applications or assistance for staff without access to a home computer.
Please do not remove desktops or lab computers from campus without contacting ICIT.
We recognize all students may not have computer and internet access at home.
- Please contact the Help Desk, 262-472-HELP (4357) or email@example.com, and we will work with you on a solution.
A number of internet carriers have announced programs to assist students. You can learn more at
Comcast Internet Essentials
“Effective Monday, March 16, 2020, Comcast is offering 2 months free to new Internet Essentials customers in response to recent and anticipated emergency measures associated with the Coronavirus (COVID-19).”
Charter Spectrum Broadband
“Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.”