COVID-19 testing update for vaccinated individuals
UW System has released new expectations for those who have received the COVID-19 vaccination. Individuals at UW-Whitewater are exempt from testing if ALL of the following conditions are met:
- The individual is fully vaccinated, which means it has been two weeks or longer since the individual completed the vaccine series.
- The individual is asymptomatic, showing no signs of COVID-19 infection. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
- The individual has sent a PDF copy of the Wisconsin Immunization Record ( https://www.dhfswir.org/PR/clientSearch.do?language=en ) to the COVID-19 Hotline office. There are several ways to do this:
- Bring the PDF to the COVID-19 office, located in the UW-Whitewater Police Department at Goodhue Hall.
- Fax it to 262-472-5746.
- Mail it to UW-Whitewater Police Department, 790 W. Starin Rd. Whitewater, Wisconsin, 53190.
The university is currently working on an online submission system, and will communicate that once it is available.
This change is effective immediately. Once your information is submitted to the COVID-19 Hotline and you have received verification of its receipt, you may cease testing. If you begin to feel COVID-19 symptoms, you are expected to have yourself tested to ensure the safety of others and assist in the national evaluation of the vaccine.